Wednesday 15 June 2011

Father



My Dad passed away on Sunday after a year-long battle with cancer. He was one of my very best buds and over the last decade we created a very lovely bond with each other. I feel very lucky to have had such a great man in my life. He taught me so much and always encouraged me to do what I love. And although this is a sad time and my heart feels heavy I am glad that I was able to have such a lovely friendship with such an awesome guy. His earthy spirit is everywhere and that fills me with comfort. I am embarrassed to admit it but I will miss having him always tell me to "Brush my hair" because I "look like shit".

1 comment:

pauline said...

oh katie! i am so sorry to hear you dad is gone. sending you, alan, your lovely mummy, your sister, and your sister's dog all of my love.

xoxoxoxo