Saturday 20 March 2010

You're a real Do-Goodnik

Banksy makes nice statements

Do-Goodniking is a true form of art. I'm convinced that not enough people do it and I really feel if everyone every now and then took a few spare moments to do-some-good...well...I don't know...maybe we'd all feel a bit warmer inside. The thing about doing-good is that it's contagious and if you've just been do-gooded (I know that isn't a word but I was a tree climber) all you want to do is share the feeling. Which brings me to my next point, I am very lucky to know the ultimate Do-Goodnik. I swear this woman takes the prize because she really is one of a kind. She's the mother of my beloved Alison and she is a force to be reckoned with. She does good wherever she goes and if you're not near her she'll even take the time to send some kindness to you. Every so often when the post comes I'll get a little package with something handmade by her that I know has been made with all her heart or she'll send me a note filled with kind words. What makes it special is it comes out of the blue when I don't expect it and it warms me up so much inside I just want to spread the feeling. So I am making an Award for the Ultimate Do-Goodnik and I am giving it to Alison's mama Mary Ann for setting the standard for Do-Goodniking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Katie: Oh, you take my breath away. That is high praise, maybe the highest possible because it comes from you dearest Katie. Because, Iknow and all your dear readers do too, that there is no one, NO ONE more generous of heart and spirit than you. The gifts that you bring to all who know you go far beyond the usual. You give of yourself; you give your time and your love. Never have I met anyone who so often puts the feelings and needs of others first. You make everyone around you feel important and special. And ya know what...you make this world a betterplace and you make us all want to be the best that we can too! And you make it look like fun! If this sounds like a love letter it is because IT IS. I do love you dear Katie and I thank you from me and the whole world. Oh we are blessed to have you in our lives. Happiness and love to you always, xoxoxmuffffinxo