Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Doggy ate the Poison

Look at my sweet one crushing all my plants as they sprout



Where have I been? I don't know... up to no good I suppose. I actually feel like I haven't had a chance to think about this old blog. So many things have happened and I haven't felt as though I've had a spare moment to come and talk about it.

My little doggy got into some trouble yesterday that almost killed him. On our morning walk down to the river he found a tin can filled with blue barley and tuna bits and I couldn't get it off of him. I was being all nice to him at the beginning because I didn't know what the blue barley was, I kept saying 'leave it' in a really nice voice. The rescue horses in the nearby field came to the gate to see what was happening. But after about a minute I panicked because blue barley isn't natural and he was gorging himself on this stuff and I flipped out and I screamed 'LEAVE IT YOU LITTLE SHIT!' and the can dropped out of his little mouth and he looked soooooo shocked. I got the can and looked up to see my horsey friends (Dirty and Niblets) staring at me utterly disgusted for verbally abusing my dodgey. I got home and told Hazzy and he told me it was rat poison. I learnt a little trick in 'nam that if a dog eats poison you pour salt down the back of it's throat and that induces vomit. I've done before with my old dog Cocoa and it worked but Alan is too cunning and we couldn't get enough in him. So we took him to the vet and they sorted him out. We have pet insurance though, our excess is £70 and the bill came to £71.84 so I'm not sure if we are going to take the time to make a claim for £1.84.

3 comments:

pauline said...

poor alan!!

i was just noticing on my walk with my doggie today how much disgusting litter there is everywhere! in our 1/2 hour walk, i must have said it a thousand times (nicely at first, then panicky and loud later, yes, the neighbours think i have turrets) "Bitte, off. OFF. OFF BITTE OFF!! OFF OFF OFF GIVE DROP SIT!!"

here's a list of our findings that i eventually had to pry open my puppy's mouth to retreive today:
- double A battery
- ribs (as in bones from some one's ribs dinner)
- gum wrapper
- misc cardboard and paper
- a bag of dog shit (yup, try pulling that out of a dog's mouth - note to self, bring paper towels on the next walk... and rubbing alcohol)
- tim hortons coffee cups, and lids
- beer bottle caps
- tetra pack juice box

...and after all that, we got home, and she headed straight for the cats' litter box and ate one of their poops. -_-

hope alan is recovery quickly!

p.
xo

Lost Nation Design said...

Eeeeeew!
Dodgey's are so gross sometimes. Little puppy-pants are the worst at eating stuff they shouldn't. My doggy eats poop quite a bit. He actually has a monthly cycle.
Week 1: No poo
Week 2: No poo
Week 3: A teeny bit of poo
Week 4: POOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOPOOOOO!

ick!
Just thinking about it makes me want to be sick.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色